Aquatic therapy complements other progressive and traditional therapy programs at Ohio Living Park Vista and is especially suitable for people who have difficulty exercising. Patients do not have to know how to swim to participate in aquatic therapy.
Patients work one-on-one with their therapist and are never left unattended while in the pool.
Conditions that are ideal for aquatic treatment include rehabilitation following surgery; arthritis/fibromyalgia; neck, shoulder, low back, knee or ankle injuries; chronic pain; pre-surgical conditioning and sports and work-related injuries requiring rapid rehabilitation.
At Ohio Living Park Vista, we have a HydroWorx® 2000. The pools are used by medical professionals and world-class sports teams and feature:
- Full Accessibility - the pool floor adjusts from a depth of zero to six feet, eliminating the need for ladders or steps. Even patients uncomfortable in deep water can enjoy the benefits.
- Variable Speed Underwater Treadmill - with speeds from .2 to 8.5 miles per hour
- Resistance Jets - provide variable water speeds for increased resistance
- Massage Hose - is used for deep tissue massage or relaxing tired or sore muscles
- Underwater Video Monitoring - allows patients and therapists to watch progress
- Computer Documentation - quantitatively tracks recovery and progress.
Ohio Living Park Vista offers both inpatient and outpatient therapy. A physician’s referral is required to participate in aquatic physical therapy. We can walk you through the steps of obtaining a physician’s referral, and even contact our physician on your behalf.
Ongoing wellness, pain-management or arthritis classes are also available. No referral is needed.