Ohio Living is working to transform memory care across its service lines through the implementation of industry-leading, holistic approaches like The Heartstone Institute's I'm Still Here(r) program. I'm Still Here(r) leverages environmental adaptations, specialized communication techniques, staff training and life enrichment programs to focus on engagement for people experiencing all levels and types of dementia.
Within our Memory Care Centers of Excellence, employees undergo innovative memory care training in order to extend the highest quality of teamwork-oriented care within specialized environments that cater to people living with dementia. As more robust research emerges about brain health and best practices in dementia care, our teams are equipped with relevant training and resources to help patients manage dementia behaviors and remain as independent as possible. Thoughtful safety protocols like facility layouts that minimize confusion and the promotion of calming therapies to reduce agitation are also top-of-mind.
Tailor-made activities and amenities, like outdoor gardens, also enhance the memory care patient experience. Our memory care areas utilize Behavior-Based Ergonomics Therapy (BBET), which consists of four therapies customized to each individual resident's interests and capabilities, as a complement to group activities: music therapy, video therapy, stimulating therapy and memory prop therapy. Lucynt, an interactive gaming experience, is another active engagement measure our teams use to encourage movement and provide cognitive stimulation.
ASSISTED LIVING-MEMORY CARE
Our approach to assisted living provides the ideal solution for those who need some help with daily activities, such as bathing, dressing or medication reminders.
We focus on wellness and keeping residents as independent as possible. With six levels of care, we are able to meet your personal needs. It’s the assistance you need with all of the independence you want.
For those who live with early memory loss, we offer a compassionate, supportive and secure environment where specially-trained caregivers provide an individual approach. Our innovative program is designed to diminish anxiety and lessen confusion.
Residents are encouraged to become involved in a variety of life-enriching activities, resulting in an enhanced sense of well-being.
Apartment and Studios feature:
- Individually-controlled heating and air conditioning
- Wall-to-wall carpeting
- Emergency call system
- Window treatments
- Basic cable TV and all utilities except telephone
- Sprinklers, smoke and fire alarms
- 24-hour security
- Beautifully landscaped grounds and walking trails
- Pets welcome/dog arena
Your monthly fee includes:
- Flexible restaurant-style dining options
- 24-hour licensed nurse staffing to coordinate and arrange service needs such as transportation, lab work, physician orders and physician contacts
- 24-hour personal care, assistance and emergency response
- Daily housekeeping
- Personal laundry/linen service
- Social, recreational and spiritual programming
- Health and wellness programs
- Reminders and/or escorts to and from meals and activities
Services available for an additional fee:
- Additional dining and catering service
- Guest suite
- Assistance with bathing and/or dressing
- Ohio Living Home Health & Hospice
- Medication assistance/supervision
- Beauty salon and barber services
- Personalized transportation
- Computer and technical support
- Podiatry service
- Dental service
- Massage therapy
- Outpatient therapy
- Ancillary supplies
- Respite care program