Ohio Living Westminster-Thurber is a Proud Sponsor of a New Movie Experience
Posted on January 26, 2018 in In The News
Do you like going to the movies?Films can capture our imagination, unfold a back story of a historical event, or allow us to escape to a faraway place. Movies can move our human spirit.
Think about this... A movie experience where there are no long previews before, there is ambient lighting in the theater, the volume is more even-toned (limiting the extremes), and amplified audio as well as closed-captioning devices are available. The Gateway Film Center is a welcoming location even for those who use walkers and wheelchairs. Best of all, you will engage with Columbus seniors who also enjoy the magic of movies.
Ohio Living Westminster-Thurber believes in the Gateway Film Center's approach to movie-going so much that we have become a proud sponsor of these Age-Friendly Screenings:
The Age-Friendly environment provides:
- Lights are up slightly, to make navigating the theater easier.
- Sounds are down slightly (limiting the extremes)
- No previews before the movie (that go on forever)
- Amplified audio devices are available (while supplies last)
- Closed captioning devices are available (while supplies last)
- Aisles and steps are well-lit
- Restrooms are close by
- Wheelchair and assistive walking devices are welcome
- A community of Columbus seniors to enjoy the magic of movies, together.
Each Age-Friendly Screening is the last Tuesday of every month. See a first-run movie for $5 and get a free small popcorn!
Gateway Film Center is located at 1550 North High Street, with the parking garage easily accessible just east of High Street on either 11th or 9th Avenue. CampusParc staff, South Campus Gateway security, Gateway Film Center team members, and representatives from each of Columbus’s senior-serving Villages will be on hand to help direct and answer any questions you may have. AND parking is just $2 because Gateway Film Center will validate your ticket.