The palliative care team at Home Health & Hospice is comprised of experienced and compassionate nurse practitioners, registered nurses, social workers and other specialists. We work with you to help provide relief from the pain, shortness of breath, COPD, nausea, anxiety, depression or frequent visits to the emergency room. Palliative care can be provided at any stage in the continuum of care, including during aggressive or curative treatments.
We offer our patients:
- In-depth experience working with whole-person care that can relieve symptoms of a disease or disorder, whether or not it can be cured.
- A full range of services – care is provided by one of our nurse practitioners based on the needs and request of your patients. Our staff of registered nurses, medical social workers and chaplains are also available to provide the services needed, as well as emotional and spiritual support under your direction.
- Family meetings to discuss goals of care and to make difficult treatment choices.
- A personal treatment plan with goals specific to your patients’ needs, concerns, symptom management and relief of suffering.
- Coordination of care across health care services to maximize quality of life along the continuum of the illness.
Nurse practitioner visits are covered by Medicare Part B, insurances and Medicaid.
Skilled nursing, social work and chaplain visits are private pay and rates will be discussed during the initial conversation.