Patients who are experiencing pain, shortness of breath, nausea, anxiety, depression, frequent hospitalizations or visits to the emergency department may benefit from palliative medicine, which can be provided at any stage in the illness, including during aggressive or curative treatments.
Ohio Living Palliative Medicine’s team is comprised of compassionate, experienced nurse practitioners and other specialists who work with you to provide relief for your patients who have a chronic disease and the need for pain or symptom management.
We offer your patients:
• In-depth experience working with whole-person care that can relieve symptoms of a disease or disorder, regardless of whether it can be cured.
• A full range of services provided by one of our nurse practitioners, based on your patient’s needs and requests.
• Family meetings to discuss goals of care and to make treatment choices.
• A personalized treatment plan with goals specific to your patients’ needs, concerns, symptom management and relief from suffering.
• Coordination of care across health care services to maximize the quality of life along the continuum of the illness.