Ohio Living is working to transform memory care across its service lines through the implementation of industry-leading, holistic approaches like The Heartstone Institute's I'm Still Here(r) program. I'm Still Here(r) leverages environmental adaptations, specialized communication techniques, staff training and life enrichment programs to focus on engagement for people experiencing all levels and types of dementia.
Within our Memory Care Centers of Excellence, employees undergo innovative memory care training in order to extend the highest quality of teamwork-oriented care within specialized environments that cater to people living with dementia. As more robust research emerges about brain health and best practices in dementia care, our teams are equipped with relevant training and resources to help patients manage dementia behaviors and remain as independent as possible. Thoughtful safety protocols like facility layouts that minimize confusion and the promotion of calming therapies to reduce agitation are also top-of-mind.
Tailor-made activities and amenities, like outdoor gardens, also enhance the memory care patient experience. Our memory care areas utilize Behavior-Based Ergonomics Therapy (BBET), which consists of four therapies customized to each individual resident's interests and capabilities, as a complement to group activities: music therapy, video therapy, stimulating therapy and memory prop therapy. Lucynt, an interactive gaming experience, is another active engagement measure our teams use to encourage movement and provide cognitive stimulation.
Memory Care at Mount Pleasant
The Grace Center is the home of our memory care program and is designed to be less overwhelming for residents, while allowing as much personal freedom as possible. Private apartments, as well as intimate dining and living areas, provide for a relaxing and comfortable setting.
- Individually-controlled heating and air conditioning
- Choice of apartment sizes
- Walk-in shower with grab bars
- Wall-to-wall carpeting
- Pre-wired for telephone, cable TV and Internet
- Spacious closets and storage
- Window treatments
- Emergency call system
- Sprinklers and smoke/fire alarms
Your monthly fee includes:
- Nursing services around-the-clock
- 24-hour personal care assistance
- 24-hour security
- Daily nutritious meals and snacks
- Personal laundry and linen services
- Basic cable TV and all utilities except phone
- Weekly housekeeping services
- Scheduled transportation
- Library and computer lab
- Social, recreational, specialized memory care activity and spiritual programming
- Reminders and guidance for daily activities
For an additional fee:
- Ohio Living Home Health & Hospice
- Personalized transportation to appointments
- Bathing and/or dressing assistance
- Medication assistance and supervision
- Professional beauty salon/barber shop
- Outpatient therapy/ancillary supplies
- Pharmacy services
- Podiatry services
- Dental care
- Dry cleaning service
- Respite care program
View a Floor Plan:
Below are examples of the wide variety of Memory Care apartment home layouts Ohio Living Mount Pleasant offers. For more options or current availability, schedule a tour.